Sunday, February 27, 2011

Before and After

We had this old bench we got at IKEA at the end of our bed.  The before picture actually makes it look way nastier than it really is, but needed to be covered.  The plan, when we bought it a few years ago, was to make a slip cover right away, but I just never got around to it.  Plus, figuring out the measurements and pattern just didn't sound like very much fun.  Lucky for me I came across this tutorial from Whipstitch and i didn't have to do a lick of measuring or figuring on my own, she outlined it all!  Anywho, I like the way it turned out.



I wasn't very careful about matching the stripes in the pattern.  I had, like, 2 hours to make it  before I had to pick up my son, so I was kinda sloppy.  Oh well, it's still 100 times better than the stained, nasty before picture!

1 comment: