Thursday, May 7, 2009

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes...

023



028



Okay, not really, but they are HUGE.  Patrick went outside to pick weeds and when I went to look for him I couldn't find him hidden in the tomato plants!  The fruit is still green at this point, but I can't wait for all those ripe tomatoes!  I might be feeling differently in about a month after I've exhausted all my tomato recipes, canned all the tomato sauce and tomatoes I can, and can't possibly ingest another tomato.  But for now I'm looking forward to picking the first ripe ones!


Oh and my friend, Sweetwater Baby, sent me this beautiful hakui from Andie Edwards.

1 comment:

  1. I'll teach you how to make fried green tomatoes...they are YUM-O!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can sit on the porch, wear big sun hats, sip lemonade (with gin), eat fried green tomotoes, yell at our kids and pretend that we're proper Southern ladies.

    ReplyDelete