Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cake for Brendan's Birthday

I would like to say I like cake, but the truth is, it's not my favorite dessert in the world.  However, I LOVE Cake the band.  As Maggie and I like to say, "Cake makes me happy."  Anyhow, I realize other people do like cake, and if I were to pick my favorite kind of cake it would be Pepperidge Farms Coconut Cake.  I know, wierd.  But I love it.  I think it takes me back to my childhood.  So being that I didn't really want to buy a cake full of perservatives and the like, I'm "trying" to be healthier, I decided to make a semi-homeade, semi-healthy cake.  I used eggs from our chickens, so I feel better about that.  I'm pretty sure that it's going to taste yummy and I love the way it turned out.  I made it for my brother, Brendan's birthday dinner.  Here's to a Happy Birthday (and year) for Brendan!  


Cake 010


 

No comments:

Post a Comment